Acetone by Urethane Coatings - Polyurethane Specialists Since 1979




  1. May be used as the final rinse after using urethane coatings CLEANING SOLVENT for washing and cleaning brushes, rollers and lamb's wool pads.
  2. Acetone IS NOT to be used as a thinner for Urethane Coatings products.
  3. May be used to remove contaminants when coating floors, or between coats when treating oily timbers - as a CHEMICAL WASH. A CHEMICAL WASH is the process of dampening (moist - not dripping wet) a clean rag or a mop and then wiping the rag/mop onto the substrate, parallel with the grain in even strokes in similar fashion to applying a coating (DO NOT wipe in a circular manner as though polishing a surface). Every 3m2 to 5m2 replace the rag/mop with a clean rag/mop or thoroughly rinse the rag/mop in ACETONE [or Urethane coatings CLEANING SOLVENT], and redampen with ACETONE.
  4. May be used to clean metal prior to painting or alternative protective treatment.
  5. May be used as nail polish remover.


This product is best if used within 24 months from manufacture (refer to batch number), when stored in unopened containers under normal conditions of temperature and humidity.


Usage of this material must be under well ventilated conditions to minimise inhalation of vapours. Wear respirator with filters that conform with AS1716. Asthmatics, the very young, elderly people and pets should leave the site when this product is in use. Prevent excessive skin contact by wearing impervious gloves. Breathing of vapour is harmful and may cause lung irritation and allergic respiratory reaction. May irritate skin and eyes. Keep container firmly lidded.


This drum contains volatile and flammable solvents and when applying the contents adequate ventilation to the outside must be provided. All potential sources of ignition (open flames, pilot lights, furnaces, spark producing electrical switches, etc.) must be eliminated in or near the working area. DO NOT SMOKE. Keep drum closed when not in use.


If affected by inhalation of vapour, remove to fresh air. If breathing difficulty persists or occurs later, consult a doctor and have label ready. If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. Give water or milk. CONTACT DOCTOR OR POISONS INFORMATION CENTRE Australia 131126. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with water for fifteen minutes and call a doctor. In case of severe skin contact, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin first with Methylated spirits, then with soap and water.